At the year 2020, there are 15 teachers conducting the homeschool classes.
• The homeschool programme places heavy emphasis on English, and the Scholar Base English learning programme is implemented at SBA homeschool.
• The teachers and parents community promotes understanding.
• Scholar Base Fun approach motivates and encourages homeschool students to enjoy learning at the SBA, Kepong.
• Field trips or excursions for experiential learning.
• The various extra-curricular activities on life skills
• The workshops on study techniques
• Life skills such as money management, entrepreneur skills
They are graduates who have experience in teaching international syllabus. They are trained under Scholar Base Educational Training Programme..
Scholar Base homeschool follows the Malaysian national schools terms stipulated by MOE. However, a child may join the homeschool at Scholar Base Academy, Kepong anytime of the year.
Scholar Base has a business license as a child learning centre (Pusat perkembangan kanak-kanak) as distinct from education license approved by MOE. Scholar Base Academy is a extension of Scholar Base which provides lessons based on British Curriculum.
Here’s what section 29a of the Education Act 1996 states. Compulsory primary education 29A.
(1) The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, prescribe primary education to be compulsory education.
(2) Every parent who is a Malaysian citizen residing in Malaysia shall ensure that if his child has attained the age of six years on the first day of January of the current school year that child is enrolled as a pupil in a primary school in that year and remains a pupil in a primary school for the duration of the compulsory education. In our opinion, as long as your child is educated at school, home or homeschool, it is not illegal.
Our transport is safe and our drivers have been working with us for more than 10 years. The transport fee is charged separately and is paid per term.
The subjects offered at primary and K3 level are as below :
a. Languages : English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
b. Science, Maths, History, Geography
c. Physical Education, Online Maths
d. Arts, ICT including Coding
Subjects offered at IGCSE are as below :
Languages : English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin
Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
Humanities : History, Geography
Others: Accounting, Business Studies, ICT.
P - Problem Solving A- Attitude to learn C- Character values – manners, respect, humility, empathy, apologetic, conflicts management C- Communication and social behaviour I - Information & Technology skills T- Team work and co-operation
Sometimes it will be held at the homeschool or it may be held at the venue designated by the coach.
PACCIT P -Problem Solving Attitude to learn Character values – manners, respect, humility, empathy, apologetic, conflicts management C- Communication and social behaviour I - Information & Technology skills T- Team work and co-operation
There are 2 exams which are held at end of Term 1 and Term 2. There is a Parents-Teachers meeting at the end of every term to discuss about the progress on the homeschool students.
Every child has to sit for an entrance examination or assessment test upon application to an international school. The assessment test is to ascertain the English proficiency and the Mathematics ability for placement. There is a need to give a birth certificate upon enrolment.
The Science experiments are conducted in the classes at homeschool. But for more complex ones, it will be conducted in the science laboratories of other schools.
PE is held once a week, and it will be held indoor or outdoor at public courts or rented courts. A professional coach conducts the PE class. All homeschool students go for a professional Badminton training once a week.
School hours: 8am to 2pm.
Food may be ordered and delivered to the homeschool, Kepong at request of the parents, and the homeschool students have their meals at the canteen.
|8am – 8:10am||Assembly & Morning drill|
|8:10am– 9:10am||Lesson 1|
|9:10am – 9:30:am||Breakfast break|
|9:30am – 10.30am||Lesson 2|
|10:30am – 11:30am||Lesson 3|
|11:30am – 12noon||Lunch Break|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Lesson 4|
|1:00pm – 2:00pm||Lesson 5|
Online Class during Covid-19 pandemic
School Trip to Genting Highland
2020 Final Exam during CMCO with Social Distancing
Unit H-1-3A, M-Avenue, Jalan 1/38A Segambut Bahagia, 51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Unit 2-1, Block 1, Jalan Jalil Jaya, The Link Business Centre, 57000 Kuala Lumpur.
011-2600 0100 (Mobile)
012-3030 987 (Mobile)
© Copyrights @ 2020 Designed By Webeeteck